Platform 9 3/4, the Hogwarts Express and everything in between! ☇

On Friday, year 4 went on the best school trip ever. We went to the Warner Bros Studios in London to learn all about the making of the Harry Potter films.
We left school at 6.40am, took two trams and two trains as well as a bus to get there! The were some hiccups due to delays and storm Doris but we arrived safely at the studios at around 12.15pm.
We were well looked after by the staff and had a brilliant time looking at the sets, props, costumes and special effects used in the films. We had a fantastic classroom session with Abi and Rebecca, where we got to look at and examine some of the props from the films and we worked in groups to do some story writing! We saw the Knight bus, the Hogwarts Express and finally, the amazing model of Hogwarts itself. It was such as fantastic day. We arrived back in Manchester at 10.00pm and were all tired and sleepy, but very happy. We can’t wait to get started on some work about our trip next week!  There will be lots more photos and posts about this in the next few days so keep an eye for them!

11 Responses so far »

1. Kelly Jones said,

February 25, 2017 @ 3:13 pm     Reply

Wow fantastic photos

2. Sadie walton said,

February 25, 2017 @ 3:19 pm     Reply

Wow. What a fab day x

3. mrsmoore said,

February 25, 2017 @ 3:27 pm     Reply

Wow it looks amazing! Year 4 you lucky bunch!

4. Ann said,

February 25, 2017 @ 9:18 pm     Reply

What fantastic pictures. Freya had an amazing time! Thank you for giving them the opportunities to experience it all together X

• mrshayes said,

February 25, 2017 @ 10:54 pm     Reply

Aww it was our pleasure. We all had a magical time and I’m glad Freya enjoyed it…she was a superstar.
      I’m only sorry I couldn’t put more updates online throughout the day…my phone has completely packed up and needs to be sent for repair. Was relying on using other staff’s phones to put FB posts up and photos. Will make up for it this week though.

5. Mrs Eaves said,

February 25, 2017 @ 10:38 pm     Reply

You lucky children… looks amazing!!!!

6. Mrs.Read said,

February 28, 2017 @ 7:37 am     Reply

I think I’ve been converted to a Harry Potter Fan.It looks fantastic.How lucky are you Year4?

7. Ryley said,

April 16, 2017 @ 9:27 am     Reply

Amazing trip. Wow I can’t believe you went to London for a day trip! I went to Harry Potter world
    for my birthday and I loved it. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did when I went.

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words